Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sigh of Relief

 As all of you well know, the past couple of months I have spent looking for a job. Well, yesterday that search ended when I was offered a job as a full-time server at Brio Tuscan Grill on the Country Club Plaza. I can hardly put into words how excited and thankful I am to be starting this new job. It is more than I could have asked for. I will be serving right away, without having to start out as a host first and work my way up. The restaurant is only about 5 blocks from our apartment, so it will take me about 7 or 8 minutes to walk to work each day. I will be working full-time mostly day shifts so I will still get to spend time with my husband in the evenings, but I will still be able to work evening weekend shifts (where all the good tips are). I will also be given the time off for Christmas that I need to travel to MN and to OH to see family. Truly an answer to prayer, a sigh of relief.

 It has been a difficult couple of months on the hunt for a job. Between the decision of whether or not to move back to Minnesota, turning down interviews because of uncertainty in if we would be around for much longer, and losing momentum after making the decision to stay here in Kansas City, it has been a rollercoaster of events and emotions. But through it all there have been two constants that I knew I could rely on. My husband's love and support, his encouragement to keep up with applications and to stay motivated have played a huge role over the past couple months and for that I thank him. Thank you Andy! I love you! :) Most of all I need to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Knowing that I can always turn to him in prayer and to seek comfort when I feel like nothing is working out, and when I am completely overcome by the feeling of uselessness. Thank you God for being my sense of peace and security during this time of uncertainty.

 So I start tomorrow afternoon. I will go through a few training sessions and then be on my own taking on the hustle and bustle of the #1 rated happy hour spot on the Plaza by multiple KC food critiques. So come on down I'll be happy to serve you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment