Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Keeping up

So I had my first shift following a server tonight at Brio. It was crazy. It wasn't as crazy as the food running shift that I did on Friday, but it was still a lot to take in. I feel like there's a lot that I don't know yet, and I'm starting to feel a little over whelmed. I know that most of it is just going to take time to get used to the way things work.

 I am just going through a time of having to keep up with everything that's going on at work right now. I don't like the feeling of thinking that I might screw something up or drop a huge tray of heavy food. I'll just be glad when training is over and I've had some time to get used to the job and get ahead of the game instead of always feeling like I'm trying to keep up.

 For now I just need to be patient and get through this time of transition into this new job. I hope I can catch on quickly and be less in the way and more helpful.

2 comments:

  1. hey sweetie, this is an interesting thing, this blog thing.... I thought Id comment on your progression. Im sure you are an excellent worker, you have proven that over the years, you also care for others and are willing to pull your share of the load and help others as well, I have no doubt that you will soon move to a place of confidence at your new job. Im proud of you and pray God's peace and assurance to you. love you my dear one....;mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom. I love you too. Thank you for your continued encouragement, love and support.

    ReplyDelete