Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

 So many things in life effect our feelings. Some of them are big, life-changing events, some are petty and meaningless. Lately I've been noticing the smallest things are getting me down. It is so ridiculous, but in the moment it feels like such a big deal, and looking back every time, it's almost laughable how insignificant it was.

 I am trying to make a lot of changes in my life. Now I am adding one more thing to the list. "Don't sweat the small stuff." This has become one of my favorite sayings. It reminds us that we have the freedom of shrugging stuff off, letting go of things that may temporarily disappoint, but won't permanently damage. Leave it behind.

 We give the bigger stuff to God, and share our big life struggles with others for help, prayer and support.  As for the little things that cause unnecessary anxiety, I say, "So long!"

No comments:

Post a Comment