Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Beautiful Temple

 So I haven't been able to blog this weekend. Sorry. I was on the Jacobs Well Women's Retreat. It was a great time spent with good friends and making new ones. There is something beautiful about coming together to celebrate life and experience each other's presence.

 This weekend we focused on the body being an Alter, a Temple for Christ to come and dwell in. We as Christ's dwelling need to find the beauty in our flesh. To take the idea of Christ choosing to come into the world in human flesh is sacred. Therefore, we are sacred. We need to love our bodies and appreciate the fact that Christ loved us enough to put on flesh Himself and come to earth as one of us.

 It really makes me think about how I view my body. How I need to be sure that I am not obsessed with my appearance, but that I am looking at the beautiful creation, the Altar, that Christ comes and lives in every day. I need to take care of my body and treat it with respect and love.

 We as women are scrutinized so brutally. "She's too fat" "Her hair is frizzy" "She's too skinny" "Her nose is too big". These may not be things that we actually hear others saying to us audibly, but it is what we as women are told through the media every time we turn on our TV or look through a magazine. My Sisters; be confident in your beauty not because on the outside you may look like the super models in magazines or like the female celebrities on TV, but because you are loved by Christ and He chose you to be his dwelling. He wants to live in you and that is worth more than what having outward beauty can offer.

 So I return from this weekend refreshed. Ready to take on life with a new view of myself. Ready to take on the responsibility of taking care of my body as an Alter for Christ to dwell in every day. A beautiful Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment