Thursday, November 11, 2010

Conflict

For those of you who know me you know that I HATE conflict. I almost always go out of my way to avoid it. But I have been learning through discussion and experience that conflict can be a good thing.

 I have been able to come to terms with the fact that conflict does not always have to be bad. That sometimes it is not only healthy, but necessary in order to resolve differences. It is also an inevitable part of every relationship, and knowing how to deal with conflict in a healthy way is crucial to maintaining an honest and open relationship.

 Learning how to have healthy conflict is still something I need to work on. Because my tendency is to avoid conflict at all costs until everything is so pent up I explode and let it all come out at once, I need to be more intentional about addressing issues as they present themselves. I need to be loving and considerate in situations of conflict, and remember that I am ultimately working towards peace and healthy relationships.

 I pray that God gives me the wisdom and ability to deal with conflict as is presents itself with grace and love. To work towards peace and good relationships with those I interact with. To remember to love others even through conflict.   

2 comments: