Friday, November 26, 2010

Home Away from Home

 This year for Thanksgiving, Andy and I made the decision to stay here in Kansas City, instead of traveling back home to MN to be with family. This was a tough decision, and a lot of it had to do with thinking I had to work over the holiday, but it turned out I didn't have to work at all.

 Even though it would have been nice to see our families, I really enjoyed staying here. Andy's brother Matt came down to stay with us, and our good friend Emily invited us to share Thanksgiving with her family. Andy, Matt and I all went over to join the Nichols family for a beautiful and delicious dinner. We had a wonderful time and it truly felt like a home away from home. It felt like we were part of their family. They were so welcoming it was so easy to fit right in. Thank God for community and fellowship!

 So I want to send out a thank you to Emily and her lovely family for so warmly welcoming us into their home to share Thanksgiving with them. I also want to say I love you to our families back home who were so understanding about us not being there with them this year. See you at Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment