Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reconciliation

 How good it feels when we have resolve our differences with another human being. When a relationship that was once broken, or close to it, has been mended. Maybe not completely healed, but the effort has been made to repair it. It is not always easy to reconcile with others. I takes a certain level of vulnerability and willingness to be exposed and to put ourselves out there, which can be very difficult.
 I have a personality that needs reconciliation, that needs harmony, that needs to know that people are getting along. This has been my own personal struggle to be okay with discord. To let it go when people are not in agreement. To not let myself become consumed with making things right. But in some cases, it is good to push people towards reconciliation, because other people with personalities unlike mine, would rather leave relationships broken, then become vulnerable.
 I think there is a balance. I think there are people like me who push people to reconcile, and people who are okay with some conflict because letting the little things go is important sometimes. That is why I am so thankful that I have a husband like Andy. He is the balance to my need to harmonize every discord. But I push him to reconcile even if it means being vulnerable.
 Reconciliation is what Christ calls us to. And it feels good to do what Christ calls us to do, even though it's hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment