Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Patience Pays Off

 So this time of year is VERY slow at Brio. The Holidays are over and people are realizing how much money they spent over the months of November and December, made New Years resolutions to eat healthier, which typically doesn't include Italian food, and it's cold and snowy so no one wants to come to an out-door shopping center.  This means business is not the greatest and neither are the tips.

 Our management has been telling all the servers that they are going to start trimming down staff because we don't have the need for everyone that was hired for the holidays now that things are slowing down. So the bar has been set, the standards are higher, and the competition is on. The bottom line, the best keep their jobs, and the people who don't take it seriously get cut. Being on time for every shift, showing up for every shift, being clean and neat in appearance for each shift, pre-setting tables, pre-bussing tables, the list goes on. All these things are expected to be done, and done well.

 This morning the managers had a meeting to determine where they needed to make cuts. I was told that I made the 'Good List' and that I was doing a great job and to keep up the good work. This was a huge relief for me and very encouraging to hear. Even though the shifts are slow, there will be less servers now which means we will each get more tables, and more shifts through out the week.

 So even though the holidays were tough, it was hard and I was working long hours and almost got to the point of wanting to quit a number of times, it feels good to know that I'm doing a good job and that sticking it out and being patient has paid, and will continue to pay off. I'm glad I had Andy's support to keep me going through the difficult days. I'm blessed to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment