Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Put Off Until Tomorrow..

 The saying goes: "Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today." So much easier said that done. I think the more we can discipline ourselves to live by this quote, the easier, or at least less stressful, our lives would be. It's so much easier to say to yourself that you'll get around to doing the dishes later, or that the laundry can wait until tomorrow, but the reality is that it usually ends up being more stressful the longer you put it off.

 I need to be better about doing things as soon as I have the time or as soon as they need to be done. I need to be better about not procrastinating and just doing things in a timely fashion. This is not only a good way to stay organized, but if I can discipline myself to make a habit of it now, it will be easier for me to continue to keep up/stay ahead once children come into the picture. Training myself to be habitually responsible now, so that it comes naturally when I need it most in the future. Not saying that people should be reading into anything, *cough, notpregnant, cough* but just saying that it will make things easier once I have children some day if I know how to stay ahead of the game now.

 So here's to being responsible, staying ahead, and not putting off until tomorrow, what can be done today. Now I'm off to sort the laundry.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment