Sunday, January 9, 2011

Homesick

 I've been feeling homesick for Minnesota over the past few weeks. It's been hard to get adjusted to being so far away from family and friends. Yes, we've made friends here in KC, but it's hard not having the option of getting in the car and driving an hour to spend a weekend at home with family.

 Since Andy and I have been talking about our next step in life and knowing that we're going to be moving again this summer, I think it's been increasing my longing to be close to home. Just knowing that we most likely are going to be somewhere farther away from Minnesota than we already are, is making it difficult for me to be excited. I know that we eventually plan to move back to Minnesota, but knowing that that is at least 3-5 years away isn't easy.

 I'm trying to be mindful of my attitude and stay positive. I know that this is important to Andy and our future together for him to get his education and start his career. And I am more than willing to follow him anywhere, it's just hard sometimes to miss home. I just need to be patient and keep in mind that this transitional time is not going to last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment