Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fitting In

 I have just finished my first week serving on my own at Brio Tuscan Grille. It has been fun, but challenging. I worked a double yesterday, Friday, which ended up being a total of 11 hours. I made a good amount of money, but my body hates me right now. The money is nice, and now that I'm getting used to the job itself, the only thing I'm really worried about still is fitting in.

 This usually isn't very hard for me. I tend to just get along with most people I meet. It helps that most of the people I work with are very nice and willing to help out and answer questions. I've made a few friends, I think, but I still hope that I can get adjusted to the people there and continue to get along.

 Part of it is that I have a personality with a need to please people. I want people to be happy, and I want people to like me. So I think I put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure that people are going to like me, when really all I have to do is be myself and be nice to people, which usually does the trick.

 I just want to continue to make friends, get along with other employees, and find a place at Brio where I fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment