Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Reading Through Scripture Together

 Andy and I have decided to read through the bible from now until we make the move out to Princeton. Oh by the way, Andy got accepted to Princeton so we are moving out to New Jersey in the fall. So we have decided to read through the entire bible, a few chapters each day, from now until August or September.

 I have always wanted to read through the bible, but have never really known how. It's easier for me to process things if they are read out loud and talked about because I am an audible learner. So it's easier for me to understand things when I hear them spoken. So Andy and I take turns reading each chapter out loud to each other, then we talk about what we read.

 I am excited to begin this journey through God's word with my husband. I feel like he has such a profound understanding of scripture and a great ability to interpret it, which will be so helpful for me to get to know the bible a little better. This will also be a great opportunity for Andy and I to spend a little quality time with each other and with God every day, which I think is so important to get into a rhythm of doing.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what plan you are using. I have used this one before. Bible in 90 days.

    http://www.havenministries.com/schedule.pdf

    ReplyDelete