Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Marriage

 Andy and I just celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary this past weekend. We went out for a lovely dinner and stayed Downtown Minneapolis in, what happened to be, the same hotel we stayed at for our first anniversary. It was so good to spend that quality time together and to reflect on the past 2 years.

 As we were talking about our roller-coaster of a journey that the past 2 years has taken us on, I began to think about how drastically my life has been effected and changed by being married to Andy.

 Over the past 2 years, Andy and I have moved 4 times, attended 2 different churches, have had between 2-5 different jobs, gotten a puppy, made friends, left friends, driven countless hours together in the car, and purchased, and then sold, a motorcycle & our second vehicle.

 HOLY CATS!

 Although it has been a very unpredictable, and often stressful, couple of years, I have come to appreciate every moment of it. I have grown and learned A LOT and wouldn't change a thing about our lives today. I have a deep respect for my husband, and I have come to appreciate him more and more for his determination and dedication to what he feels God's calling on his life is. I have learned that by being willing to follow Andy and honor him in whatever decision is made for the direction of our lives, I am honoring God.

 This has not been easy for me, being that I like to be in control, and feeling like I have lost control of the direction of my life has been very difficult. But in this time that I am being pushed and pulled and stretched, I have come to rely more on God to be in control. I am slowly relinquishing my desire to take the wheel, and I am letting someone else drive.

 I am looking forward to our next step with excitement, faith in my husband, and trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment