Thursday, May 26, 2011

Camp Cook

 This week began my first of 3 weeks as a cook for Youth Front Camp South. It is me and 1 other person for breakfasts, and we have one more helper for lunches and dinners. My mornings begin between 6:00 & 6:30am and I am usually busy from then until after lunch at around 2:00pm. I then get about a 2 hour break before preparation for dinner begins at around 4:00 or 4:30pm. I am in the kitchen from then until around 7:00pm depending on how much prep work can be done for breakfast the night before.

 Needless to say, I am pretty wiped out by the end of the day. I find myself either taking long naps during my afternoon breaks, or going to bed at about 9:00pm. But I am loving every minute of it. I love preparing food for people that I love. All the staff here are great and I feel so welcomed into their little family. This has been a great start to week 1 and I have a feeling that I am going to enjoy being here for the next 2 & 1/2 weeks.

 Do what you love, love what you do.

 Peace & Love <3

2 comments:

  1. Good hustle! see ya tonight home slice!

    I just started a blog too!

    http://lowerrowerandwayfarer.wordpress.com/

    -C. Austin Averill-

    ReplyDelete